Fast Facts You Need to Know About National Health Center Week
August 9th – 15th, 2015 marks another week dedicated to recognizing Health Centers – the local community owned and operated businesses serving more than 23 million Americans. This year’s theme, America’s Health Centers- Celebrating Our Legacy, Shaping Our Future, reflects another milestone for Health Centers as they celebrate 50 years of service. Here are more facts you need to know about National Health Center Week:
- Each year, three days are set aside to recognize special populations served by Health Centers:
Public Housing Center Days – August 11th
Health Care for the Homeless Day – August 12th
Farmworker Health Day – August 13th
- Health Centers are ranked among the highest quality and cost effective care providers in the U.S.
- Health Centers provide their services to all people, regardless of their ability to pay or insurance status
- In 2014, the President of the United States issued a Presidential Proclamation to recognize National Health Center Week
- Individual Health Centers will post their planned events under state listings on the NACHC Health Center Week Events Map
PRIVIT looks forward to celebrating the impact Health Centers have had on the U.S. medical industry during this week.