Closing the Immunization Gap
World Immunization Week is celebrated each year during the last week of April. The aim is to promote the use of vaccines to protect everyone from disease as well as the need for good tracking methods to report outbreaks.
This year’s theme is centered on creating a regional, national, and global effort to increase the awareness of the need for immunizations and to improve immunization delivery services. The campaign’s primary focus is on initiating the Global Vaccine Action Plan (GVAP). The GVAP aims to:
- Meet vaccination coverage targets
- Introduce new and improved vaccines
- Encourage research and development for the next generation of immunizations
- Increase pandemic awareness
Immunization is recognized as one of the most successful and cost-effective health interventions worldwide. It prevents between 2 and 3 million deaths every year. For vaccines to be most beneficial, they need to be administered on time, according to the schedule recommended by doctors and the CDC. With better ways to gather the appropriate data regarding illnesses reported, the healthcare community can react faster for global preparedness.
Family Health Profile is an easy online, mobile friendly platform for:
- Generating and maintaining health history – including immunization records, surgery history, and medication schedules and dosages.
- Sharing health information with your health care provider in an easy, efficient manner.
Consolidate your health information for you, your partner, your children, your parents, and for any other dependent you are responsible for managing their health information in one source with Family Health Profile.